Flood, Snow, And Fog
November 10, 2011
- The old mariner was right, “water, water, everywhere, nor any drop to drink.” This article is not about headlines or poetry, it is about consequences, a possible consequence of too much water.
Packing Lunches for your Kids
August 22, 2011
- With September comes the end of summer and the beginning of school for many families. Shopping for school supplies has been completed and now you have about 150 days to create exciting and nutritious lunches your child will want to eat. Don’t start this school year off dreading this daily chore. With a little planning and your child’s involvement, packing lunches may not be so daunting this school year.
Local Youth Can Form 4-H Stream Teams
June 6, 2011
- Youth in Dauphin, Lebanon and Lancaster Counties have a unique opportunity to get engaged in local water resource education.
Protecting Your Farm from Theft
May 26, 2011
- Recently a farmer in Dauphin County commented that he had an unfortunate experience where a chain saw, a toolbox, and some other equipment “disappeared” from his shop area. Regrettably theft from farmsteads is a real threat. Perhaps it is the economy or lost jobs or drug money or just opportunists that all farmers need to prepare themselves for this risk. Just consider what thieves may find of value on your farm. This could include: power tools, hand tools, batteries, generators, welders, motors, chemicals, supplies, radios, quads, or even copper and other metals. And that list doesn’t include highly valuable items like tractors and other farm equipment.
Resource Management:Saving Money In Small Ways
May 24, 2011
- Many families continue to experience economic challenges. Regardless if your income has dropped or not, everyone appreciates finding ways to save money.
Friends Can Help You Save Money
May 24, 2011
- If your goal is to save money, then tracking your spending is the first essential step.