Carlisle grain marketing discussion group meets again this season.
Posted: December 27, 2012
Join Penn State Extension for a review and discussion of national and local grain markets and appropriate grain marketing strategies. We meet at Hoss’s Restaurant, Route 11, Carlisle from 6:00 – 9:00PM, the 2nd Thursday of some winter months. The dates for this year are January 10, February 14 and March 14, 2013.
There is no pre-registration. Simply, show up by 6:00pm and pay $15.00 at the door which covers dinner, beverage and meeting. We get down to marketing discussions after we enjoy our meal and end our time together by 9:00. Don’t worry if you can’t attend all the sessions. Come to the ones you can, and learn some new information!
We will be discussing:
- What could prices do yet this marketing season?
- Should we be storing our harvest or selling it now?
- How do we capture a price when it meets our farm and family needs?
- What might happen with prices for our 2013 harvest?
- What are some features of crop insurance products and how might they fit our farm financial needs?
Join us for the 2013 series of this popular grain marketing discussion group! Bring your enthusiasm, questions and stories. I expect we may all learn something new.
For additional information or if you have a question contact John Berry at 610-391-9840 or firstname.lastname@example.org
See you January 10th for the first session!