Best Milking Practices for Hispanics
Posted: October 25, 2012
This program provides hands-on training that will reinforce best milking practices, including proper stimulation, teat-end health and essentials of milk let-down. Participants will learn:
· How to milk for speed and teat health
· Best prepping procedure to reduce mastitis
· Tools and tips for monitoring milking performance
· The importance of early detection of clinical mastitis
Dates and Locations:
· Nov. 6, Lancaster County – Scattered Acres, 900 Galen Hall Road, Reinholds
· Nov. 8, Franklin County – Penn State Extension Office, 181 Franklin Farm Lane, Chambersburg
· Nov. 19, Blair County – The Park at Morrison’s Cove, 201 S. Walnut St., Martinsburg
· Nov. 21 – Mercer County – Hoss’s Steak and Sea House, 1148 Leesburg-Grove City Road, Grove City
A portion of this workshop will be held on farm. Bring footwear that can be sanitized as well as warm and clean clothing. We will provide plastic boots.
This program is eligible for 1 SmartStart credit from AgChoice Farm Credit.
Fee: $25 per person