4-H Achievement Banquet
Posted: November 7, 2011
The red carpet was rolled out for our annual 4-H Achievement Banquet that was held on Saturday, October 22 at the New Kingstown Fire Hall. Many members and volunteers and a few state and county officials attended. Everyone enjoyed the popcorn appetizer and the after dinner candy!
Our emcees, Rachel Cohick and Nathan Repetz, presented “Are You Smarter Than A 4-Her?” where members and volunteers competed by answering questions. In the first round, Representative Stephen Bloom played against Alpaca Club member, Sarah Bartlett (picture inlay). Mr. Bloom tried his best, but he was no match for Sarah! Congratulations to each of the participants, we commend your bravery and willingness to participate!
After the meal, we began the awards ceremony.
And the envelope please...following is a list of awards and the respective recipients:
- Gladys Holtry Award - Mike Kutz
- Jane Gregory 4-H Memorial Award - Noah Dunlap
- 4-H Spirit Award - Jay “Buck” Swisher
- 4-H Clover Award 1st Place – Goat Club
- 4-H Clover Award 2nd Place – Rabbit Club
- 4-H Clover Award 3rd Place – Conodoguinet Sheep Club
- “I Dare You” Award - Ruby Monn
- Outstanding President - Mackenzie Yorlets
- Outstanding Vice President - Sarah Bartlett
- Outstanding Secretary - James Pridgeon
- Outstanding Treasurer - Megan Baker
- Outstanding News Reporter - Maeve Ostrowski
- Outstanding Social Chairperson - Megan Copeland
- Outstanding Junior Member - Mackenzie Yorlets
- Outstanding Senior Member - Ben Jackson
Congratulations to all the winners!