Sheep Home Study Course
There are six lessons in the course which cover: basic production information, reproduction, nutrition, health, marketing, and financial issues.
The next course is scheduled to begin on February 4, 2015. The registration deadline is January 26, 2015. Registration for the course is now open.
How Does The Course Work?
- Lessons are mailed weekly for six weeks. The first lesson will be mailed or emailed on February 6. Postal participants will receive a CD of materials.
- Read weekly lesson materials and complete worksheet.
- Return worksheet and any questions to Melanie Barkley at the Penn State Extension office in Bedford County.
- Worksheets ask questions about YOUR individual operation. You will receive personalized comments and suggestions for ways to improve your operation. If you don't own sheep yet, simply answer the questions based on what you plan to do.
Cost Of The Course
- Internet/email $50.00
- Postal service $85.00
What's In It For Me?
- You will gain a better understanding of the basics of sheep production.
- You will learn how to feed to meet the nutritional needs of sheep.
- You will learn about the reproductive process in sheep.
- You will learn how to keep sheep healthy and how to correct health problems.
- You will learn effective ways to market your lambs.
- You will learn how to properly handle financial issues related to sheep production.
For more information