Meat Goat Production and Management Home Study Course
There are six lessons in the course which cover:
- basic production information
- financial issues
The next course is scheduled to begin on February 1, 2017. The registration deadline is January 18, 2017.
How Does The Course Work?
- Lessons are mailed weekly for six weeks. The first lesson will be mailed or emailed on February 1. Postal participants will receive a CD of materials.
- Read weekly lesson materials and complete worksheet.
- Return worksheet and any questions to Greg Strait at the Penn State Extension office in Fulton County.
- Worksheets ask questions about your individual operation. You will receive personalized comments and suggestions for ways to improve your operation. If you don't own meat goats yet, simply answer the questions based on what you plan to do.
Cost Of The Course:
- Internet/email $50.00
- Postal service $85.00
What's In It For Me?
- You will gain a better understanding of the basics of meat goat production.
- You will learn how to feed to meet the nutritional needs of meat goats.
- You will learn about the reproductive process in meat goats.
- You will learn how to keep meat goats healthy and how to correct health problems.
- You will learn effective ways to market your kids.
- You will learn how to properly handle financial issues related to meat goat production.
For more information