Personal Philosophy of Leadership
Due in October 2012
1. Present a graphic representation of your personal leadership philosophy.
- Use your creative right brain to visualize it, to synthesize it with your philosophy, and to decide on a method of visual presentation.
- Remarks accompanying visual presentation should not exceed two minutes in length.
2. Turn in written rationale for your graphic representation and accompanying credo statement(s).
- Your narrative in regards to your visual could be as short as a sentence, and as long as a few pages. You decide on the parameters.
- Your credo statement(s) can be one or many. You can also incorporate elements of your individual learning contract, should you so choose. (Refer to item C in handout.)
Due in January 2013
3. Develop a personal vision statement and articulate it on paper.
- This will serve as an evolving life document charting leadership qualities and characteristics, approaches to leadership, and expected leadership outcomes. You will also develop a statement of your fundamental beliefs and values. Drawing on instruction during retreat study institute, you will map your own path.
- You are given a spring, summer, and early fall to research and write this project. Please don't be afraid to call on resource people or other RULEmates in your network.