4-H Summer Assistant Jobs Available
Posted: February 10, 2017
Are you a college student interested in working with youth? Do you like being outside? Would you like to experience a unique summer job? If you said yes to any of these questions the 4-H Summer Assistant might be the perfect summer job for you!
The 4-H Summer Assistant will:
- Assist 4-H staff with all aspects of the 4-H program including 4-H animal programs and outreach initiatives
- 1 position will focus on outreach initiates in low income and isolated community. Most of the work will be outdoors conducting hands on programs.
- 1 position will support traditional 4-H programming and day camp initiatives.
- Attend county and district 4-H shows and assist as needed. Duties might include scoring project records, setting up displays, checking animal health charts and ear tags, helping weigh animals, recording show results, registering buyers, etc.
- Encourage 4-H members to participate in all aspects of the 4-H program, including day camp, overnight camp and 4-H Fair.
- Prepare supplies and group assignments for 4-H Camps Shehaqua
- Represent the Chester County 4-H Program at various community outreach events.
- Perform various other duties as deemed appropriate to support the 4-H program in Chester County. Duties may include, teaching at outreach sites and registration for 4-H events.
Qualifications: Must be a full time college student. Must enjoy working with youth and adults; be highly self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision. Candidate must be a team player that can work with diverse youth and adults; must have a car and a valid driver’s license. Computer proficiency required. The Candidate must be able to complete required reports in a timely and thorough manner. Prefer student with experience in working with youth and background in education, youth development, agriculture, science or nutrition. All majors will be considered.
Summer assistants are covered by workers compensation and liability insurance. This is a great opportunity for a well-organized student who enjoys working with children and adults.
Approximate Employment Dates: May 22, 2017- August 18, 2017 - 32 to 35 hour work week
For an application and further information please contact:
Toni M. Stuetz
Extension Educator- 4-H Team
Penn State Extension -Chester County Office
601 Westtown Road, Suite 370
West Chester, PA 19380