Registration Open for Penn State Extension’s Introduction to Vegetable Production Course!
Posted: April 11, 2017
- Dates - Thursdays: April 20, 27; May 4, 11; August 10, 17, 24, 31
- Time - 5:00 to 8:00 PM
- Where - Lehigh County Agricultural Center (4184 Dorney Park Rd, Room 108, Allentown, PA 18104), and trips to nearby farms!
- Registration and Fee - $120 for all 8 sessions. Register online here or sign up for individual sessions by phone (610-391-9840) for $15 each.
This eight-session course will cover the basics of soil science (including soil fertility and soil health), propagation methods, seedling and transplanting management, the basics of plant disease, how to develop an integrated pest management plan, an overview of organic certification, as well as finding and identifying plant pests and diseases. These sessions are designed as an introduction for aspiring and new vegetable producers to diverse production strategies and to provide a framework for effective farm production planning.
Sessions will include:
- Presentations by Penn State Extension Educators and experienced farmers
- Interactive discussions
- Trips to The Seed Farm and local farms
- Hands-on experience trying new techniques and tools appropriate for both small and large farms
- A detailed notebook containing production information for each topic
610-391-9840 or email@example.com