Small Scale Poultry
There are currently no events scheduled for this course.
Who should attend
- New poultry owners, aspiring poultry owners, or those interested in exploring a new venture.
- Those interested in producing an income from your property.
- Those interested in producing food for your family.
What to expect
- An overview of basic topics regarding raising poultry.
- Participants will have a better understanding of what is needed to develop their own small scale poultry operation.
- An introduction to resources and support available for beginning poultry producers.
- Instruction from Penn State Extension Educators as well as experienced small scale poultry producers.
- Introduction to Poultry
- Breed Identification
- Farmer Profile(s)
- Production of Eggs
- Production of Meat
- Nutrition and Health
- Housing Facilities and Equipment
- Regulations & Budgets
- Brooding and Growing
- Discussion and Questions