Farm Succession Planning Workshop
Date and Location
When (Date/Time)March 30, 2017, 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Add to calendariCal
Effective farm succession planning takes time, and there are many potentially complicating factors. One of the complicating factors is that it involves multiple people with different perspectives. Please consider bringing the key people from your farm/family group (preferably 2-5 of the decision makers) to learn and discuss things together.
- 9:30 a.m. - Introductions
- 10:00 - How It Has Worked For My Family (Darlene Livingston, PA Farm Link & Mahoning Creek Farm)
- 10:30 - Communication & Thinking About the Future Together (Phil Taylor, AgChoice Farm Credit)
- 11:30 - Lunch - short farm unit breakouts & time with speakers
- 12:30 - Figuring Out the Options & Developing a Timeline of Next Steps (Attorney Robert Clark)
- 1:45 - Financial Analysis & Planning (Juliette Enfield, Penn State Extension)
- 2:45 - Next Steps & Final Comments (event speakers)
- 3:00 - Depart
This workshop is being provided free of charge, thanks to USDA/NIFA grant funding. But pre-registration is necessary. Please register by March 27 to allow for appropriate accommodations. Plan to purchase lunch at your own expense from the Hoss's Restaurant, the venue for this workshop.