AgSafety4u: Online Ag Safety Course
Posted: August 31, 2012
AgSafety4u is an online course designed for youth (ages 16 and up), new and beginning farmers, and for employers and employees of agricultural operations looking to enhance their knowledge and/or to provide professional development with a heavy emphasis on tractor and machinery. Individuals who take this course and pass the online quizzes will be able to print a certificate of completion.
The AgSafety4u certificate course consists of the following six modules:
- Introduction to agricultural safety and health
- Safety basics (e.g., youth, hand signals, personal protective equipment)
- Agricultural hazards (e.g., animals, pesticides, confined spaces, mechanical hazards)
- The tractor (e.g., types, hazards, controls, pre-operation checks, stability)
- Connecting and using implements with the tractor (e.g., implements, PTO connections, hydraulic components)
- Materials handling (e.g., skid steers, ATVs, and utility vehicles)
The cost is $50.00 per person.
AgSafety4u is available online through eXtension Campus Safety & Health.