The PAgricultural Rescue Training Program at Penn State is concerned with developing and delivering training programs that will:
- Help emergency personnel become aware of the many hazards that they will face while managing an agricultural emergency.
- Help emergency personnel understand the importance of pre-planning for various farm emergencies in their communities.
- Help fire, EMS and CART units specialize in various aspects of ag rescue (i.e., machinery, chemicals, animals or confined spaces) and become technically competent in at least one of these areas.
- Encourage teamwork between fire, EMS and CART interests for effective agricultural rescue strategies that will result in higher quality pre-hospital patient care and animal response.
- Teach emergency responders to be proficient within their area of expertise (fire, rescue, EMS, CART) while managing farm emergencies.