Agricultural Safety and Health
National Safe Tractor and Machinery Operation Program
The National Safe Tractor and Machinery Operation Program (NSTMOP) is a project of Hazardous Occupations Safety Training in Agriculture (HOSTA) for youth ages 14 and 15.
Agricultural Safety and Health News
Youth Competition Teaches Farm Safety
August 26, 20152015 Quiz Bowl Semifinal Results
Young Workers in Agriculture – Free Safety Webinars
August 7, 2015National Children's Center for Rural and Agricultural Health and Safety
Recent Manure Pit Deaths - Are Magnets an Option?
August 3, 2015Recently within a three week period, a father and son in both Wisconsin and Iowa perished in swine facility manure pit incidents.
Generous Donations From Sponsors Continues to Save Lives With the ROPS Program
July 30, 2015Continued Support Saves Lives
Farm Safety Demonstrations and Simulators Available
July 20, 2015Planning a safety day camp or safety activity? Penn State Ag Safety and Health Program has interactive demonstrations and simulators available.
- 2014 PA Farm Fatal Injury Summary
- AgSafety4u: Online Ag Safety Course
- Confined-Space Manure Pit Ventilation Design Tool
- eXtension - Farm Safety and Health
- Organizing and Conducting a Safe Tractor Operation Workshop (also available in Spanish)
- Safety and Health Management Planning for Beginning Farmers and Ranchers
- Safety Programs and Projects
Urban Homesteading: Winemaking
September 8, 2015
Are You Crazy? Retail Farm Market Bus Tour
September 15-16, 2015
Poultry Sales & Service Conference - and - Northeastern Conference on Avian Diseases
September 16-17, 2015