Agricultural Safety and Health
The National Safe Tractor and Machinery Operation Program (NSTMOP) is a project of Hazardous Occupations Safety Training in Agriculture (HOSTA) for youth ages 14 and 15.
Agricultural Safety and Health News
December 2, 2014Two large statewide agricultural expos will be held in January 2015 and both events will include agricultural safety and health activities.
Farm accidents decrease as safety awareness grows
December 2, 2014
November 14, 2014New factsheet and article provides background and findings from on-farm monitoring of dairy farms using gypsum.
November 5, 2014Safety in Agriculture for Youth (SAY) is a grant project funded by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), National Institute for Food and Agriculture to develop a sustainable and accessible national clearinghouse for agricultural safety and health curriculum for youth.
Beware elevated risk for silo gas right now, farm safety expert warns
September 29, 2014
- 2013 PA Farm Fatal Injury Summary
- AgSafety4u: Online Ag Safety Course
- Confined-Space Manure Pit Ventilation Design Tool
- eXtension - Farm Safety and Health
- Organizing and Conducting a Safe Tractor Operation Workshop (also available in Spanish)
- Safety Programs and Projects
- The Pennsylvania ROPS Retrofit Campaign
Farm Executive Workshop: Building Management & Leadership Excellence
Event CanceledJanuary 12-14, 2015
Toss Your Hat in the Ring
February 3, 2015
Biological Pest Control for Greenhouse Growers
March 27, 2015