Agricultural Safety and Health
National Safe Tractor and Machinery Operation Program
The National Safe Tractor and Machinery Operation Program (NSTMOP) is a project of Hazardous Occupations Safety Training in Agriculture (HOSTA) for youth ages 14 and 15.
Agricultural Safety and Health News
Congratulations to our 2015 Educational Aids Blue Ribbon Winners
May 26, 2015Blue Ribbon Winners will be awarded at the ASABE Annual International meeting in New Orleans in July
New Silage Safety DVD
May 7, 2015Practices and policies which can prevent an incident.
Tractor safety program reaches milestone in Pennsylvania
April 30, 2015Through the partnership of Penn State Extension and the financial support from Farm Family Insurance Co., Westfield Insurance, Land O’Lakes Inc., AgChoice Farm Credit and other donors, the 100th ROPS in Pennsylvania was installed through the ROPS Retrofit Program. The addition of an aftermarket ROPS and use of an appropriate seat belt protects the tractor operator in the event of a tractor rollover.
Pipeline Safety on the Farm
April 27, 2015Call 811 before you dig!
Safety for Community-Based Agriculture
April 13, 2015New Safety Booklet for Youth
- 2013 PA Farm Fatal Injury Summary
- AgSafety4u: Online Ag Safety Course
- Confined-Space Manure Pit Ventilation Design Tool
- eXtension - Farm Safety and Health
- Organizing and Conducting a Safe Tractor Operation Workshop (also available in Spanish)
- Safety Programs and Projects
- The Pennsylvania ROPS Retrofit Campaign
Urban Homesteading: Straw Bale Gardening
June 18, 2015