SFCP Standards Have Been Updated
Posted: October 5, 2016
Updated May 2016 Scrapie Free Flock Certification Program standards are in effect. They are available on the APHIS SFCP website.
The basic structure of the program has not changed. There are still two categories in the SFCP: the Export Category (with Export Monitored flocks and Export Certified flocks) and the Select Category (Select Monitored flocks).
The updates address/clarify:
- Sampling requirements, advancement, and genotyping lambs/kids in genetically resistant flocks;
- Veterinary inspection of cull animals;
- Imported embryos/oocytes;
- Animals originating from Inconsistent States;
- Special circumstances involving “Lost to Inventory” and “Found Dead” animals; and
- Reporting requirements for the use of milk/colostrum from a lower status flock.
For more information about the SFCP and the national scrapie eradication program, please visit the following: