USDA to Hold Free Webinar on Backyard Bird Biosecurity
Posted: July 8, 2015
Get expert tips to keep your birds and your family safe and healthy. During the webinar, you will be able to submit questions during a simultaneous Twitter chat using #Chickenchat2015. Whether you are just getting started or are an experienced hand at raising birds, you’ll find lots of valuable information for free!
Webinar Title: Practice Backyard Bird Biosecurity: Learn from the Experts
When: August 6, 2015, 7:00 p.m. EDT
Reserve your webinar space on USDA's registration website.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar. For more information, visit USDA Biosecurity for Birds.
What you will learn
- How to recognize and protect your birds from devastating diseases like highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI)
- How to protect your family from illness caused by your birds
- Ways to keep predators and disease-carrying wild birds away from your flock
- Where to find resources to help you keep your flock safe and healthy
- The do's and don'ts of live bird markets
- The whys and woes of raising backyard chickens
- What to expect from your flock in the fall
- How to get your birds ready for winter