Poultry Youth Service Award
The Penn State Department of Poultry Science Youth Program is looking to recognize adults who have given outstanding service to youth poultry programs in Pennsylvania. This annual award will be presented at the next Youth Poultry 101 Conference.
This is the call for nominations for the Pennsylvania Poultry Youth Service Award. Nominations are due to Phillip Clauer by April 10. Late nominations will not be accepted. Honorees may only win the award once.
There are numerous individuals in the industry, schools, and extension programs deserving of this honor, so please take time to nominate deserving individuals.
The nomination should include the attached cover page and a letter no longer than two pages addressing the nominee's contributions to youth poultry educational programs at the local, regional, state and national level. Include the approximate number of youth served and how the nominee impacted these youth through educational programs, shows, contests, and activities. Note the judging criteria below when drafting your letter of nomination. Two additional letters of reference are required, and one should be from an individual who was influenced by the nominee as a youth.
Judging of applications will be as follows on a 100 point basis:
- Contributions to the local poultry youth program – 20 points
- Contributions of innovative educational programming and activities – 20 points
- Involvement in youth shows, contests, and activities – 20 points
- Length of service to youth poultry programs – 15 points
- Contributions to the regional/state/national youth poultry programs – 15 points
- Youth trained to participate in state or national level shows, contests, or events – 10 points
213 Henning Building
University Park, PA 16802
Please take a few moments to recognize the efforts of these that have made major contributions to the poultry youth programs.
|Carolyn Blum||Montgomery Co.||2009|
|Carrie Stufft||Mifflin Co.||2010|
|Laura Longenecker||Hy-line Hatchery||2011