Registration of Premises
- Premise registration is the registering of the location where you stable or keep your horse.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture has a voluntary program that enables horse owners to register their premise.
- Premises identification and individual identification benefits equine owners in the notification in the event of an equine disease outbreak
- Premise registration can help protect human health where diseases are both horse and human contagious
- Premise registration will assist in threats of bio-terrorism.
- Premise registration can help with identifying lost, stolen or displaced horses and return those animals to their owner and/or premise.
- Premise registration would help maintain a stable economic environment where all horses would be identified in a similar method.
- Premise registration would assist in the freedom of movement and export of horses in interstate and abroad travel.
- Premise registration would help a horse owner become a responsible member of the livestock industry.
How to Register
Register your premise online through the PA Department of Agriculture, Premises Registration Form.
Through the Mail
To register your premise through the postal mail, call 717-772-2852 ext. 208 for more information and to request a form to register your premise.
For More Information
- Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture: 717-772-2852 ext. 208
- For Pamphlets, Fact Sheets, and NAIS (National Animal Identification System) information, contact the AHC: email@example.com