Celebrating Your Successes
The Importance of Celebrating Your Successes
Celebrate completion of the strategic-planning and goal-setting process. Celebrate achievement of key goals. Celebrate when the farm receives special recognition. Reward good effort.
Ways your team can celebrate success
- Certificates, silly gifts, tickets to a game or show, photographs on the entrance door, hang balloons or a banner, or other tokens.
- Chart progress in a public area.
- Give praise in front of contemporaries.
- Have a goals-achieved section of the agenda to give these extra recognition.
- Look for opportunities to nominate your team for an appropriate award.
- Share cake, ice cream or provide a meal before a meeting. Or just invite the team to come together for a social without a formal meeting.
- Recognize the accomplishments of specific members of the team or farm operation in front of the team members.
- Recognize the team in a farm newsletter.
- Send a thank-you note.
- Share your team successes with others in the industry.
- Start the meeting by recognizing special accomplishments since the previous meeting.