Youth Dairy Day- Huntingdon
Date and Location
When (Date/Time)June 20, 2017, 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Add to calendariCal
All youth interested in the dairy industry will not want to miss this fun, educational day. The day is packed with hands on learning sessions that focus on dairy production and herd management. All participants that are active in 4-H will also receive Quality Animal Management credits. This event is open to any youth ages 5-18. We will split into 5 groups by age and rotate through different stations during the day.
Topics that will be covered during this event include:
- Obstetrics- How to handle hard a calving properly.
- Dehorning- How to properly perform the task ethically.
- Quality Animal Management
- Feed Commodities- Identification and relative feed values
- Udder Health/Dissection- Dissect an udder and learn about how mastitis occurs.
This event is free for all participants, but registration is required. Lunch will be provided. Thank you to our sponsors for making this event possible: Huntingdon County Holstein Association, West Central District Dairy Show, Maryland Virginia Milk Cooperative and Southwest District Dairy Show.