Southwest Pennsylvania Regional Dairy Day
Date and Location
When (Date/Time)March 10, 2016, 8:45 AM - 3:30 PM
Add to calendariCal
The theme for the 2016 SW Pennsylvania Regional Dairy Day is "M&M: Where's the Milk and Money Going?"
The morning portion of the meeting will include a trade show and presentations addressing regional milk value, supply, and policy issues.
After lunch, participants will be treated to a motivational success story shared by Justin Risser from Meadow Vista Dairy in Bainbridge, PA.
The meeting will conclude with a panel discussion about making financial decisions for the long term.
(subject to slight modifications)
- 8:45 a.m. - Registration & Trade Show
- 9:45 a.m. - Welcome & Introductions
- 10:00 a.m. - Milk Pricing & Marketing: The Big Picture (Dr. James Dunn, Penn State)
- 10:30 a.m. - Local Milk Supply & Outlook (Craig Weaver, DFA)
- 11:00 a.m. - Policy Issues (Glenn Stoltzfus, PA Farm Bureau)
- 11:15 a.m. - Q & A with morning speakers
- Noon - Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. - "Why I farm & how we've made it work at our farm" (Justin Risser, Meadow Vista Dairy, Bainbridge, PA)
- 1:45 - Financial Analysis & Decisions for the Long Term (panel discussion)
- 3:00 - Closing
Admission tickets for dairy producers are sponsored by various agribusinesses in Southwest Pennsylvania.