Tools for Teams
Dairy advisory team use is widespread in the Northeast, however many teams lack skills and tools to improve farm and team performance. Whole farm and team management tools — PA Dairy Tool, Income Over Feed Cost Tool, Cash Flow Planning Tool, Dairy Analysis Tools and Monthly Monitor Tool — can be used effectively to help teams make better use of farm resources. Good use of tools also improves success by providing data for timely decision making and by enhancing team members’ skills.
Team members who participate in the workshop will learn how to use available tools with their teams in order to be more successful. Participants can try out tools on their own following the workshop, then access follow-up webinars and conference calls with instructors to ask questions and get more detailed information for their use.
- What a successful team looks like
- How to use whole farm and team management tools
- Monitoring and using information to make decisions
- Case studies based on actual farms
- Dr. Lisa Holden, associate professor, Penn State Department of Animal Science
- Rob Goodling, Penn State Extension associate
- Virginia Ishler, Penn State Extension specialist
- Rebecca White, Penn State research associate
- Tony Kitsos, farm management educator, University of Vermont
- Karen Baase, Extension issues leader, Cornell Cooperative Extension
Fee is $35 per person. Scholarships are available for those willing to share data with instructors. Bring a second person from your company at no additional charge. To register, mail in this form and a personal check, or register online with your Mastercard or VISA.
This program is eligible for 1 SmartStart credit from AgChoice Farm Credit.
Grant provided by Northeast Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education.
Dr. Lisa Holden, toll-free, at 888-373-7232 or email@example.com.