Tools for Teams
There are currently no events scheduled for this course.
Registration information can be found on the above event links
Good use of tools improves success by providing data for timely decision making and by enhancing team members’ skills. The workshop teaches dairy advisory teams how to effectively use whole farm and team management tools to better utilize farm resources, acquire data for timely decision-making and enhance team members' skills. The PA Dairy, Income-Over-Feed-Cost, Cash-Flow Planning, Dairy Analysis, Monthly Monitor, Dairy Profit Monitor, and Dairy Farm Business Monitor tools will be presented. Participants will learn how to use available tools with their teams in order to be more successful.
Follow-up webinars provide opportunities for questions and more detailed information. While the webinars build upon information presented at the on-site workshops, new participants are encouraged.
- Dr. Lisa Holden, associate professor, Penn State Department of Animal Science
- Rob Goodling, Penn State Extension associate
- Virginia Ishler, Penn State Extension specialist
- Rebecca White, Penn State research associate
- Tony Kitsos, farm management educator, University of Vermont
- Karen Baase, Extension issues leader, Cornell Cooperative Extension
This program is eligible for SmartStart credits from AgChoice Farm Credit.
- 1 SmartStart Credit
- 2-3 webinars - 1 SmartStart credit
- 4-5 webinars - 2 SmartStart credits
Dr. Lisa Holden
"Tools for Teams" is made possible through a grant from Northeast Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education.