How does the Penn State dairy herd use IOFC?
All monthly updates are written by Virginia Ishler, Penn State Dairy Complex Manager
PSU Dairy Herd IOFC - April 2013
May 15, 2013
- Changes in forages, locations, and cows. Oh my!
PSU Dairy Herd IOFC - March 2013
April 16, 2013
- Crows are not dumb birds.
PSU Dairy Herd IOFC - February 2013
March 15, 2013
- A decrease in milk butterfat sends the alarm but is the diet to blame?
PSU Dairy Herd IOFC - January 2013
February 15, 2013
- Haylage shrink of 22% keeps the PSU Dairy on their toes but setting goals and making a plan of action keeps milk production going strong.
PSU Dairy Herd IOFC- December 2012
January 15, 2013
- Mysterious milk production levels brings up questions about feeding during the holidays at the Penn State Dairy Barns.
PSU Dairy Herd IOFC - November 2012
December 14, 2012
- New corn silage and candy product pose challenges to ration balancing.
PSU Dairy Herd IOFC- October 2012
November 15, 2012
- Unexpected commodity deliveries and corn silage transitions made October interesting for the Penn State Dairy Herd.
PSU Dairy Herd IOFC- September 2012
October 16, 2012
- Transition to 2012 early corn silage results in drops in milk production and fat test.
PSU Herd IOFC –August 2012
September 14, 2012
- Last minute corn silage shortage puts pressure on early corn supply.
PSU Herd IOFC –July 2012
August 14, 2012
- Milk production maintains even through heat due to cool nights