Section 6: Forages Pest Management
Forages Pest Management
- Forage Pest Management
- Table 2.6-1. Forage and pasture herbicides, their characteristics and restrictions.
- Table 2.6-2. Relative effectiveness of “burndown” treatments for no-till forages.
- Table 2.6-3. Relative effectiveness of herbicides on weeds in forages.
- Table 2.6-4. Herbicides for use in new legume seedings or stands less than one year old.
- Table 2.6-5. Herbicides for use in established legume forages more than one year old.
- Table 2.6-6. Harvesting, feeding, and/or grazing restrictions for forage herbicides.
- Table 2.6-7. Relative effectiveness of grass pasture, hay, and CREP grassland herbicides.
- Table 2.6-8. Herbicides for grass forages or pasture and CREP grassland areas.
- Table 2.6-9. Grazing and haying restrictions for grass forage and pasture herbicides.
- Table 2.6-10. Summary of recommended insecticides for forage-crop insect control.
- Table 2.6-11. Suggested insecticides, rates, and restrictions for forage-crop insect control.
W. S. Curran, professor of weed science, Department of Crop and Soil Sciences
D. D. Lingenfelter, assistant extension agronomist, Department of Crop and Soil Sciences
J. F. Tooker, assistant professor of entomology, Department of Entomology
J. M. Dillon, extension associate, Department of Crop and Soil Sciences