Section 4: Corn
- Yellow Dent Corn
- Brown Midrib Corn
- Open Pollinated
- Hybrid Maturity
- Nutritional Requirements
- Growth and Development
- Table 1.4-1. Approximate relative maturity rating and growing degree days available for Pennsylvania corn maturity zones.
- Table 1.4-2. Example of adjusting plant nutrient recommendations for manure applications.
- Table 1.4-3. Example of adjusting plant nutrient recommendations for previous crop.
- Table 1.4-4. Nitrogen recommendation worksheet to be used for making PSNT-based sidedress N recommendations in Pennsylvania.
- Table 1.4-5. Effects of method and time of nitrogen application (Penn State).
- Table 1.4-6. Corn yield response on high-P soils from starter fertilizer, three-year data (Penn State).
- Table 1.4-7. Average yields of corn as affected by crop rotation over a five-year period (1990–95) at Rock Springs.
- Table 1.4-8. Estimated grain yields for various planting dates and population rates.
- Table 1.4-8A. Estimated grain yields for various planting dates and population rates.
- Table 1.4-8B. Estimated grain yields for various planting dates and population rates.
- Table 1.4-9. Corn planting and plant population guide.
- Table 1.4-10. Length of row equal to 1/1,000 acre.
- Table 1.4-11. Whole plant moisture relative to stage of kernel development.
- Table 1.4-12. Kernel/ear moisture relationship.
- Table 1.4-13. Weight of corn (shelled and ear) to equal 56 lb (1 bu) shelled corn at 15.5 percent moisture.
- Table 1.4-14. Average field losses due to delayed harvest from tests in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, and Nebraska over several seasons.
- Figure 1.4-1. Pennsylvania corn maturity zones and the approximate relative maturity (RM) of adapted hybrids.
- Figure 1.4-2. Effect of delayed nitrogen application on nitrogen vulnerability.
- Figure 1.4-3. Kernel milk line showing separation between firm starch and milky starch.
G. W. Roth, professor of agronomy, Department of Crop and Soil Sciences
D. B. Beegle, professor of agronomy, Department of Crop and Soil Sciences