Juniata County 4-H Holds Annual Banquet
Posted: December 23, 2014
Olivia Tusing, Caleb Bargo, Connor Peterson, Kim Dressler, Wyatt Hancock, Makenzie Bishop, Sarah Kerstetter, Deb Brackbill, Greg Lunger
The Annual Juniata County 4-H Recognition Banquet was held at Spruce Hill Grange on Monday, November 10th. Nearly 100 volunteer leaders, members, and 4-H supporters were in attendance. Juniata County Dairy Promotion provided a punch bowl social prior to the buffet meal.
Following the meal, the 4-H Seeing Eye Puppy Club presented the banquet program, which featured club members and leaders. Marley Swartz, Jensen Swartz, Greg Lunger, and Gavin Leach spoke of their experiences with each of the puppies they raised. Kim Lunger, volunteer club leader, shared the details of puppy raising and also awarded the 2014 Friend of Seeing Eye Award to Greg Lunger.
Certificates were distributed to 4-H Leaders and Members according to their years of membership. Special awards also included:
- 4-H Leader of the Year – Kim Dressler
- 4-H Teen Leader of the Year – Makenzie Bishop
- Best First Year 4-H’ers – Hannah Auker, Caleb Bargo, Wyatt Hancock, Sarah Kerstetter, Connor Peterson, and Olivia Tusing.
- 4-H Club Community Service Award – Juniata County 4-H Beef Club
- Friend of 4-H Award – Deb Brackbill (The Times)
Members and Leaders receiving pins for years of membership included:
- 1st year members – Taylor Brown, Micah Fausey, Wyatt Hancock, Paige Kerlin, Emily Kerstetter, Sarah Kerstetter, Maci Kreider, Connor Peterson, Vivian Searer, James E. Tusing III, and Olivia Tusing.
- 5th year members – Madison Dressler, Michelle Stewart, and Cheyenne Woodward.
- 10th year member – Makenzie Bishop
- 1st year leader – Emiley Brown
- 10th year leader – Vicki Varner
- 15th year leader – Sarah Bargo
- 30th year leader – Audrey Williamson
- 35th year leader – Harry Williamson
The banquet concluded with door prizes and photos. For information on how to join 4-H or become a 4-H leader in Juniata County, contact the Penn State Extension Office at 717-436-7744.