What's Your 4-H Story?
Posted: September 1, 2011
4-H Stories will be on exhibit around the state throughout 2012. A compilation of the stories will be published and offered for sale.
What to include in your story
- Name (please include your maiden name)
- Physical Address
- Email Address
- What county(s) you were involved in 4-H
- Years you were involved in 4-H
- Your connection to 4-H (club, leaders names, member, parent, leader, educator, 4-H family member, etc.)
- If an educator, what counties did you work with and what were your responsibilities
Include copies of photos with names of people in the photo & details about the photo. Photos cannot be returned. Send copies or email photos to Carol Schurman.
Stories should not be longer than 2 pages, front and back.
Your story should be something memorable to you: the year you earned your way to the State Dairy Show, fond memories of 4-H, of your club meetings, of traveling to Penn State, of your exhibits, why you joined 4-H, how 4-H changed your life, how 4-H made an impact on your future; etc.
We would like stories from all generations to more accurately tell the story of 100 years of Pennsylvania 4-H.
The PA 4-H program has made a tremendous difference in the lives of millions. It’s certainly something to celebrate!
Please help by sending your 4-H stories to:
Indiana County Penn State Extension Office
827 Water Street
Indiana, PA 15701
by December 1, 2011.