How to Become a 4-H Volunteer
With the wide variety of programs offered through 4-H, you can get involved in an activity or club that interests you and develop your skills while you enrich the lives of the youth you work with.
Why should I consider becoming a leader?
- You are needed to help youth become better citizens
- You will learn a great deal about young people, leadership, and yourself
- You will enjoy serving and making friends with young people through 4-H
- You can share your skills, talents, and hobbies with young people
What kinds of leaders are there?
- Organizational Leaders are key to organizing and directing the 4-H group or club
- Project Leaders teach 4-H'ers in specific project areas
- Activity Leaders guide the 4-H member with demonstrations, exhibiting, recreation, etc.
- Teen Leaders assist the leaders by helping the younger 4-H'ers with projects, activities, etc.
How much time must I commit?
You will work with the cooperative extension professional in your county to determine the amount of time you will need to successfully deliver the program you choose.