4-H Clubs in Huntingdon County originally existed as agricultural boys and girls clubs throughout the early 1900's. During the early 1920's, 4-H Clubs, as we know them today, were formed around the county. Early clubs existed in the following small communities: Alexandria, Big Valley, Petersburg, Shade Gap, Stone Valley, and Warriors Mark. Popular projects carried by 4-H members throughout the earlier part of the twentieth century were Dairy, Baby Beef, Woodworking, and Sewing. One event that has been a tradition for Huntingdon County 4-Hers since the 1930's is 4-H camp. Camp began as an event exclusively for Huntingdon County members and was held at a local cabin. It quickly grew and eventually became a regional event with 4-H’ers from neighboring counties. Another popular event has been the 4-H exchange program. Huntingdon County has visited and hosted 4-H’ers from Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Montana, Texas and Wisconsin. In 1967 4-H enrollment in the county reached 1000 members in forty clubs that were lead by over 100 leaders. The traditions of Huntingdon County 4-H continue today through club work,community service, and personal growth.