Baby Beef Club
The Baby Beef Club was organized May 1, 1926 with an enrollment of 27 boys and girls under the leadership of H.B. Markley, Mechanicsburg and Jacob Kline, Livestock Dealer of Mechanicsburg. The club was sponsored by the Mechanicsburg Chamber of Commerce. Club leaders purchased the project animals from farms in surrounding states and brought them to Kline’s Stockyard where animals were distributed through a number drawing process.