Become a Volunteer!
Volunteers are asked to serve for at least one year. Before you become a volunteer you must complete the following:
- Volunteer in an existing club for 1 year
- Receive a recommendation from the leader of the club which you volunteered with
- Submit a Consent and Disclosure form
- Complete the 4-H Volunteer Application
- Provide 3 references
- Attend the 4-H New Leader Training
- Complete an interview with the Extension Educator
- Complete online Mandated Reporter Training and submit certificates (2)
- Complete online Penn State background check process via the personal link sent to you.
- Complete 4-H Volunteer Enrollment Form
- Register in the on-line 4-H Enrollment System
As an authorized adult you go through the screening process. You are not recognized as a 4-H leader but you can assist a 4-H leader as a screened individual to oversee youth.
Upon completion of all these requirements you will receive an acceptance letter. 4-H Leader Cards can be obtained from the organizational leader of your club.