Become a Volunteer!
Volunteers…are asked to serve for at least one year. Before you become a volunteer you must complete the following:
- Volunteer in an existing club for 1 year
- Receive a recommendation from the leader of the club which you volunteered with
- Submit a Consent and Disclosure form
- Complete the 4-H Volunteer Application
- Provide 3 references
- Attend the 4-H New Leader Training
- Complete an interview with the Extension Educator
- Complete online Mandated Reporter Training and submit certificates
- Complete online Penn State background check process.
Upon completion of all these requirements you will receive an acceptance letter. 4-H Leader Cards can be obtained from the organizational leader of your club.