4-H Goals and Objectives
Goals and Objectives of Venango County 4-H Clubs
- Develop inquiring minds, an eagerness to learn and the ability to apply science and technology.
- Learn life-long skills, develop competencies, and acquire knowledge.
- Strengthen abilities to make intelligent decisions, solve problems, and manage personal affairs in a fast-changing world.
- Acquire positive attitudes toward self and a feeling of self-worth.
- Develop potential by seeking and acquiring educational and vocational experiences.
- Improve skills in communication and self-expression.
- Develop effective interpersonal relationships with adults and other youth.
- Maintain optimum physical and mental health.
- Develop concern for involvement in community and public affairs.
- Increase leadership abilities.
- Develop socially acceptable behavior, personal standards and values of living.
- Develop abilities to perform as productive, contributing citizens.
- Use time wisely in attaining a balance in life (work, leisure, family, community and self).
Official 4-H Age
Youth must be at least 5 years of age by January 1 of the current year and not be yet 19 years of age by January 1, in order to participate in club, county, regional, state, or national 4-H events and activities. Whatever the child's age is January 1st, determines his/her eligibility. Ex: If Susie turns 5 January 2, 2011, she is not eligible for 4-H membership until the 2012 4-H year. If Susie turns 19 December 31, she is no longer eligible to be a 4-H member.
"I pledge my head to clearer thinking,
My heart to greater loyalty
My hands to larger service
My health for better living
For my club, my community, my country, and my world."
To Make the Best Better
Green & White
Four Leaf Clover, with an "H" in each leaf