4-H'ers Create Christmas Trees
December 13, 2013
- The Palette of Fun 4-H Club is getting into the Christmas Spirit by creating trees from magazines and catalogs. What a beautiful way to recycle!
4-H Palette of Fun Art Club Community Service Project
November 25, 2013
- Community service is a part of 4-H. A club may choose just about any community service project. In doing so, members make a difference, develop new skills, have fun working together, feel good about themselves and may even explore career paths.
4-H Model Horse Club
October 29, 2013
- Hunter Seat Pleasure, English over Fences, Western Trail and Australian Stock Seat. These are some of the classes listed in the Pike County 4-H Horse Show manual. This is no ordinary show; it is a Model Horse Show and competitors know what it takes to get in the ribbons.
4-H Young Scientists
August 29, 2013
- The 4-H Young Scientists met in Dingman Park, Milford PA for some hands-on fun and scientific activities. They created fossils, made Mysterious Mud, then made ice cream and finished the day with lots of bubbles.
TRASH, the Garbage Can Horse
July 17, 2013
- Participants learned the stages of the equine digestive system through this fun, interactive presentation.
Stream Team 4-H Adventure Day
July 2, 2013
- 4-H members learned about water quality and how it affects the life of insects and other organisms in the stream.
4-H Members Write Museum Guide
June 27, 2013
- Members of the 4-H Museum Muse Club, Ronald Syme, Andre Phillips, Andrew Phillips and leader, Roxanne Scott, put the finishing touches on The Kids Guide to The Columns Museum.
4-H Service Project Helps Others
June 27, 2013
- The Pike County 4-H art club, called Palette of Fun, chose Project Linus as their service project.
What's Fun About the 4-H Knitting Club?
June 14, 2013
- So many things! It's fun to learn new skills with others, and the Knitting Kids have learned all sorts of things in such a short time!
Museum Muse 4-H Club
May 7, 2013
- The Columns Museum in Milford was home to the Pike County 4-H club known as "Museum Muse." The club was a big hit for the children and leaders alike.
Penn State Extension Buzzes at Earth Day Festival
May 3, 2013
- Recently Penn State Extension in Pike County took part in the Earth Day Festival at the PPL Wallenpaupack Environmental Learning Center in Hawley, PA. Local organizations participated with a common thread of valuing and protecting the environment.
4-H Leaders Attend a Lunch and Learn Meeting
April 26, 2013
- We had a great group of 4-H Leaders attend the Lunch and Learn meeting this month. We conducted a mock meeting, discussed the VIP fact sheets and played some games. Thanks so much for coming out--you are the Best!
Horsemanship Skills Certification
April 16, 2013
- Horsemanship Skills stresses safety and education, not competition, and recognizes individual accomplishments. Every registered 4-H horse club youth may participate. Horse ownership is not required.
Knitting Club Forming
February 21, 2013
- Calling all fashionistas -- make your own knitted fashion accessories, gifts and more. No experience needed.
History Comes Alive with 4-H
January 14, 2013
- When your child joins the Columns Museum 4-H club, they will investigate anything and everything the Columns Museum has to offer.