4-H'ers Create Christmas Trees
December 13, 2013
- The Palette of Fun 4-H Club is getting into the Christmas Spirit by creating trees from magazines and catalogs. What a beautiful way to recycle!
4-H Palette of Fun Art Club Community Service Project
November 25, 2013
- Community service is a part of 4-H. A club may choose just about any community service project. In doing so, members make a difference, develop new skills, have fun working together, feel good about themselves and may even explore career paths.
4-H Model Horse Club
October 29, 2013
- Hunter Seat Pleasure, English over Fences, Western Trail and Australian Stock Seat. These are some of the classes listed in the Pike County 4-H Horse Show manual. This is no ordinary show; it is a Model Horse Show and competitors know what it takes to get in the ribbons.
4-H Young Scientists
August 29, 2013
- The 4-H Young Scientists met in Dingman Park, Milford PA for some hands-on fun and scientific activities. They created fossils, made Mysterious Mud, then made ice cream and finished the day with lots of bubbles.
TRASH, the Garbage Can Horse
July 17, 2013
- Participants learned the stages of the equine digestive system through this fun, interactive presentation.
Stream Team 4-H Adventure Day
July 2, 2013
- 4-H members learned about water quality and how it affects the life of insects and other organisms in the stream.
4-H Members Write Museum Guide
June 27, 2013
- Members of the 4-H Museum Muse Club, Ronald Syme, Andre Phillips, Andrew Phillips and leader, Roxanne Scott, put the finishing touches on The Kids Guide to The Columns Museum.
4-H Service Project Helps Others
June 27, 2013
- The Pike County 4-H art club, called Palette of Fun, chose Project Linus as their service project.
What's Fun About the 4-H Knitting Club?
June 14, 2013
- So many things! It's fun to learn new skills with others, and the Knitting Kids have learned all sorts of things in such a short time!
Museum Muse 4-H Club
May 7, 2013
- The Columns Museum in Milford was home to the Pike County 4-H club known as "Museum Muse." The club was a big hit for the children and leaders alike.
Penn State Extension Buzzes at Earth Day Festival
May 3, 2013
- Recently Penn State Extension in Pike County took part in the Earth Day Festival at the PPL Wallenpaupack Environmental Learning Center in Hawley, PA. Local organizations participated with a common thread of valuing and protecting the environment.
4-H Leaders Attend a Lunch and Learn Meeting
April 26, 2013
- We had a great group of 4-H Leaders attend the Lunch and Learn meeting this month. We conducted a mock meeting, discussed the VIP fact sheets and played some games. Thanks so much for coming out--you are the Best!
Horsemanship Skills Certification
April 16, 2013
- Horsemanship Skills stresses safety and education, not competition, and recognizes individual accomplishments. Every registered 4-H horse club youth may participate. Horse ownership is not required.
Knitting Club Forming
February 21, 2013
- Calling all fashionistas -- make your own knitted fashion accessories, gifts and more. No experience needed.
History Comes Alive with 4-H
January 14, 2013
- When your child joins the Columns Museum 4-H club, they will investigate anything and everything the Columns Museum has to offer. 4-H leader and historian, Roxanne Scott, will guide members through an exploration of art, genealogy, birds, musical instruments, old clothing or whatever else sparks your child's interest and imagination. The end project will be writing a pamphlet for other children who visit the museum.