Wanted: 4H Knitting Leaders
December 5, 2012
- The Pike County 4-H program is looking for leaders to share their expertise and love of knitting and crocheting. The 4-H motto, 'Learn by Doing', is a perfect fit for this textile project.
Palette of Fun Arts Club News
December 5, 2012
- 4H youth make healthy life-choices. Young people in 4H are 3.4 times more likely to delay sex, have significantly lower drug, alcohol and cigarette use than their peers and are 2.3 times more likely to be physically active.
4-H, Good for Kids and Community
November 19, 2012
- 4-H plays a key role in positive youth development. An in-depth University study compared youth involved in 4-H with other youth. The study discovered that young people involved in 4-H have higher educational achievement and motivation for future education and are more civically active, making more contributions to their communities.
Recognizing National 4-H Week
October 18, 2012
- The 4-H banner hangs above the front door at the Pike County Administration building to honor National 4-H Week, celebrated annually to recognize the valuable role 4-H plays in shaping today's youth into tomorrow's leaders.
Fall 4-H Fun
September 27, 2012
- Members of the Palette of Fun 4-H Club prepare for the Delaware Township Harvest Festival recently held at Akenac Park. Fair goers were treated to crafts, games and free ice cream at the Penn State Extension/4-H area.
Young Citizens of Pike County!
July 25, 2012
- Did you ever wonder what it would be like to live in the olden days, when horses and wagons ruled the roads? What did young people do for fun in your grandparents' time? How was life different from today?
4-H Educators Attend Pike County Interagency Council Meeting
July 19, 2012
- 4-H Educators Deborah Albrecht and Debra Brodhecker met recently with the Pike County Interagency Council to share information about the 4-H youth program for children age 5-19.
PA 4-H Centennial-Pike County: A 4-H Autobiography
July 10, 2012
- Check out this story of one Pike County 4-H member's experiences with 4-H.
4-H Palette of Fun Club Visit Luna Parc
July 3, 2012
- Members of the 4-H Palette of Fun Club recently visited Luna Parc, described as an environmental sculpture park created by artist and designer Ricky Boscarino (Back row-L).
The Riverview Inn Supports Delaware Valley High School Teens Against Tobacco Use
June 28, 2012
- Members of Delaware Valley High School Teens Against Tobacco Use (TATU) were treated to a barbecue lunch at The Riverview Inn recently.
Delaware Valley High School Teens Against Tobacco Use
June 28, 2012
- Members of the Delaware Valley High School Teens Against Tobacco Use (TATU) group attended a Pike County Commissioners' Meeting. The commissioners declared May Protect Children from Secondhand Smoke Month.
Consider Becoming a 4-H Leader
May 30, 2012
- The Pike County 4-H youth development program is looking to the community to help expand its scope. 4-H relies on adults to guide 4-H members as they work on projects and participate in activities. The leader helps the members reach their potential. No special skills are required to be a 4-H adult leader. Leaders are supported by Penn State Extension with training, guidance and curriculum. All that is really required is a genuine interest in youth.
New 4-H Educators for Pike County
May 23, 2012
- Penn State Extension Pike County announces the hiring of 2 new 4-H educators in Pike County. In filling this position Deborah Albrecht and Debra Brodhecker are reconnecting with the Pike County 4-H community. Brodhecker worked as the 4-H educator in Pike County in the late 1990's and Albrecht served as a 4-H volunteer. They have worked together over the last few years providing tobacco prevention and cessation for Penn State Extension.
Bohemia Sportsmen Host New Pike County 4-H Shooting Sports Club
March 16, 2012
- Submitted by Ron Tussel
Proclamation for PA 4-H Week Issued in Pike County
March 14, 2012
- The Pike County Commissioners issued a Proclamation in recognition of Pennsylvania 4-H Week.