4-H Livestock Show & Sale
Saturday, August 19, 2017
What kinds of animals are sold in the auction?
- Dairy Beef
What are the benefits of supporting the sale?
- By purchasing an animal sold at the auction, you are helping finance the future of a 4-H member. Members typically use profits to finance future market animal projects and post secondary education.
- Businesses directly benefit from the sale as their names are read during the sale and ads are displayed in our ad booklet.
- Buyers of champion and reserve champion animals will have their photos taken with members and animals for display at their homes/businesses.
How can I participate?
Each animal sold has a predetermined market value. If you purchase an animal, you have two choices:
- Send the animal with the packer. You pay only the difference between the market value and your final bid. The packer pays the market value and takes the animal. You have no further responsibility.
- Take the animal with you and pay the entire price of your bid. You have the responsibility to arrange for transportation and processing, if desired. The show and sale can help you with arrangements for processing. Processing arrangements should be made prior to the sale.
What should I do if I choose to buy?
Plan to arrive early and enjoy a bite to eat at our complimentary buyers' reception beginning at noon. It's our way of saying "thank you" for your support of the 4-H Livestock Show & Sale.
What else should I know?
- Payment can be made the evening of the sale OR an invoice can be mailed to you at a later date.
- If you choose to take the animal home, the animal cannot leave with you that evening. Animals may be picked up beginning at 7am the Sunday following the sale and must be removed by noon that day.