Fabric Sale Donation Information
Items are sold at the Giant Fabric Sale by the 4-H Sewing Clubs during the 4-H Fair in August. Proceeds from the sale support the local 4-H sewing program.
What is acceptable to donate?
- Yard goods - all kinds of fabric accepted: dressmaking, home decorator, felt, burlap, needlework craft fabrics, etc.
- Vintage fabrics
- Cotton scraps - solids, calico, etc.
- Craft panels
- Notions: zippers, thread, buttons, appliques, bias tapes, binding, elastic, lace, etc.
- Sewing machines in working condition
- Irons in working condition
- Dress forms, mannequins in good condition
- Sewing tools: seam rippers, seam gauges, tailor's chalk, tracing paper, tracing wheels, needles, etc.
- Needlecraft items
- Patterns, book, booklets: knitting, embroidery, sewing,crafting, etc.
- Yarn, crocheting / knitting supplies and needles
- Quilting frames, hoops, supplies such as batting, stuffing, etc.
- Fabric paints and stencils
What is NOT accepted?
Things not on the list above.
- Bedding: sheets, pillow cases, etc.
- Pre-made clothing of any sort
- Heavy soiled fabrics
- Toys, dolls
- Books not related to sewing or crafts
- Sewing patterns with missing pieces
- Broken things (sewing machines, irons, etc.)
When are donations being accepted?
- 7/7 from 7-9 PM
- 7/9 from 9 AM - 1 PM
- 7/12 from 9 AM - 1 PM
- 7/15 from 7-9 PM
- 7/16 from 9 AM - 1 PM
- 7/19 from 9 AM - 1 PM
- 7/22 from 7-9 PM
- 7/23 from 9 AM - 1 PM
- 7/26 from 9 AM - 1 PM
- 7/29 from 7-9 PM
Where should donations be delivered?
Please bring donations to the Montgomery County 4-H Center, 1015 Bridge Road (also known as Rt. 113), Collegeville, PA, 19426.
Upon arrival at the 4-H Center, go to the cement wheelchair ramp located on the north (front) end of the building. Please enter through this entrance, proceed to the Oak Room, which is the first room on the left. Volunteers will help unload your car.
Are donations tax deductible?
Depending on your tax situation, your donation may be tax deductible. We will provide a valuation letter upon request only. Just ask the volunteer on duty when you drop off your donation.
Are additional volunteers needed?
Yes! The program needs volunteers to help sort and measure the fabric in preparation for the fabric sale. For each 2 hours you help, you earn $5 in credit towards fabric purchases. Furthermore, individuals with sewing skills are always in demand to help teach 4-H members how to sew. Get involved with this worthwhile program! You will feel good about helping young people and pass on valuable skill in the process.
Who should I contact if I have questions?
Contact Patti Colby by email or (610) 630-8289