Montgomery County 4-H Teen Council
Teen Council meets the first Tuesday of each month at the 4-H Center. The teens, ages 13 - 18, plan and execute service activities that benefit the community around us. In the last year, the teens have:
- collected clothing and food for a local shelter and food cupboard
- made blankets so children who are separated from their families for medical or other reasons have something to comfort them
- raised money and walked for March of Dimes
- donated money from a bake sale to the American Red Cross
- maintained a garden at the 4-H center
- wrote letters to their congressmen about the importance of 4-H
- hosted a Design a T-Shirt Contest open to all 4-H members and sold T-Shirts with the winner’s design at the 4-H fair. Proceeds from the fair provide seed money for the service projects.
Short term plans include collecting toys for Kyle's Kause in preparation for their annual picnic at DuPont Hospital; fundraising to help offset the loss of funding for 4-H in the Pennsylvania budget; as well as ongoing projects like making the garden more beautiful and 4-H Fair preparations.
The teens have fun while learning leadership, compassion and team work. If you are a teen eager to make a difference in your community, please join the Teen Council at its next meeting. Please contact our office at 610-489-4315 for leader contact information and our office staff will put you in touch with the club leader. The club leader will let you know when the next meeting is being held and give you more detailed information on club activities and events. When you attend the meeting and make the decision to join the club, the club leader will have all the necessary information for you to join 4-H.