Member Guidelines for Buyers
- Dress neatly and wear appropriate clothes.
- Introduce yourself to contact person.
- Explain that you are representing the Mercer County 4-H Livestock Club members and would like to have them attend the 4-H Livestock Sale.
- Hopefully you would be able to support the 4-H Livestock Club members by purchasing an animal.
- Invite them to come to the sale and the other Roundup activities.
- Always be polite and thank them for their time to visit with you.
- If individual is unable to attend the sale, someone can buy the animal for them, such as one of the auctioneers, meat processors, leaders, etc.
Information needed if buying for someone:
- Proper way to list name for advertising.
- Name and address to bill purchase.
- Complete address of buyer and telephone number.
- Maximum amount the buyer is willing to pay for the animal.
- What to be done with purchase:
- taken to which processor
- be resold at local sale:
- McKean Buying Station
- New Wilmington Auction
- Mercer Auction
- donated back for resale with proceeds to benefit 4-H or other charitable organization.
Present Auction Market Prices*
May 17, 2011
* Prices usually tend to drop somewhat in August.
- Lambs $1.57/lb.
- Hogs $.65/lb.
- Steers $ .72/lb.
- Goats $1.23/lb.
Mercer County 2010 Sale Average with Champions
- Lambs - $2.41/lb.
- Hogs - $2.56/lb.
- Steers $1.22/lb.
- Goats - $2.48/lb.
- Rabbits – 27.42/lb.
- Pen of Rabbits – $17.90/lb.