Become a 4-H Volunteer Leader!
What is the basis for becoming a 4-H Volunteer Leader?
- A desire to help youth
- A willingness to give of yourself to improve our world
- Have passed volunteer screening
- All adults or teens who will have unsupervised access to youth must be screened
What is expected of each leader?
A commitment to developing youth and themselves.
Kinds of leaders:
- Organizational Leader - in charge of club
- Project Leader - in charge of project
- Activity Leader- in charge of an activity
As a leader, am I expected to do everything?
No! Successful leaders recruit help from other leaders and parents to ease the burden and develop additional leadership.
As a leader, what must I do?
- Read your Hotline.
- Be an example for the 4-Hers.
- Keep the records and paperwork current with the extension office.
- Keep the 4-H experience fun and educational for the members.
- Keep informed.
- Motivate members to expand into new areas.