Why Become a 4-H Volunteer?
With the wide variety of programs offered through 4-H, you can get involved in an activity or club that interests you and develop your skills while you enrich the lives of the youth your working with.
Why consider becoming a leader?
- Your needed to help youth become better citizens
- You'll learn a great deal about young people, leadership and yourself
- You'll enjoy serving and making friends with young people through 4-H
- You'll be able to share your skills, talents and hobbies with young people
What types of leaders are there?
- Organizational Leaders are key to organizing and directing the 4-H group or club
- Project Leaders teach 4-H'ers in specific project areas
- Activity Leaders guide the 4-H member with demonstrations, exhibiting, recreation, etc.
- Teen Leaders assist the leaders by helping the younger 4-H'ers with projects, activities, etc.
How much time must I commit?
You'll work with your county cooperative extension professional to determine the amount of time you'll need to successfully deliver the program you choose.