Dairy Beef Schedule
Tuesday, March 8th - 7:00 p.m. – Farm & Home Center
• Dirty Jobs – Calf Barn
• Record Book Expectations
• Dairy Beef Jeopardy
• First Year Members Sign Ups for Signs
Saturday, April 16th - 10:00 a.m. – Herr’s Angus Farm- 25 Airport Rd, Nottingham
• Tour of Feed Lot
Quality Assurance Training Options:
Each 4-H member must attend one of the above quality assurance trainings and complete a written survey. Parents are strongly encouraged to attend with young members.
QA: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 – 7:00p.m. - Farm & Home Center
QA: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 – 7:00 p.m. - Farm & Home Center
QA: Thursday, June 2, 2016 – 7:00 p.m. – Farm & Home Center
Saturday, June 25th - 4:00- 7:00 p.m. – Davis’s – 1120 Prawls Hollow Rd, Peach Bottom
• Rookie Workshop - Essentials Before the Show Ring –
healthpapers,packing your show box, livestock sale procedures, what the
judge islooking for, showmanship etc.
Everyone is welcome, however the program is targeted towards the 1st & 2nd year members.
Saturday, July 9th – 4:00 p.m. - Kready Residence, 1113 Colebrook Road, Manheim
• Skillathon* – New award to be presented at the livestock banquet
• Swimming & games.
• Covered dish picnic – Bring a hot and cold covered dish.
Saturday, July 30th - West Lampeter Fairgrounds
• 4-H Dairy Beef Round-up
Weigh In – 10 – 11 a.m. Show – Noon
• The entry packet will be distributed at the Quality Assurance Training.
Project books are to be up-to-date and will be checked at weigh-in.
Premium Change: Showmanship Awards – 1st through 3rd; Type
Classes – All Placing’s
Sausage & Ham Loaf Stand FundraiserThe club’s fund-raiser is held in conjunction with Manheim Farm Show, October 3-7
Our work shifts are:
Wednesday: 2:30 – 5:45 p.m. and 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Thursday: 10:30 – 2:45, 2:30 – 5:45 and 5:30 – 9:00
Please be ready and willing to serve a shift to help support our clubs activities and awards.
Wednesday, October 19th – 7:00 p.m. – Farm & Home Center
• Project Books Due!
• Last names A- L bring a drink; M-Z bring a snack.
• Elect Officers for 2017
• Bring items for 4-H Benefit Auction Baskets: Car Wash, Camping, Yard
Friday, February 10th, 2017- 6:30 p.m. - Farm & Home Center Auditorium - 4-H Livestock Banquet
• Recognition of 4-H Club Members
Dairy Beef Leaders
Southern End: Brad Davis – 548-0393, Jerry O’Donnell- 548-4153
Manheim Area: Gerry Kready - 665-6094, Doug Musser – 653-5266
Millersville, Lampeter Area: Lori Hess - -205-8456
Mount Joy Area: Gary & Judy Zurin – 653-0143;
Ephrata Area: Glenn & Lisa Heinsey - 336-2060
Dairy Beef Officers
President: Emily Burkholder Vice President: Tony Stoltzfus
Secretary: Jacob Snavely Treasurer: Holly Musser
Community Fair Dates
Elizabethtown Fair – Aug 22 - Aug 27
Denver Fair – Sept 13 - Sept 17
Solanco Fair – Sept 14-16, 2016
Ephrata Fair – September 20-24
West Lampeter Fair – Sept. 28-30
New Holland Fair – Sept. 28 –October 1
Manheim Farm Show – October 3-7
• All meetings will start promptly. If you arrive late it is your
responsibility to see the secretary so she can record your attendance.
• Each member must attend 3 meetings in order to be eligible for any
end-of-the-year awards, including round-up premiums, Golden Scoop
award, project book awards, etc.
• An ownership form must be completed and signed by the seller of the
calf, the 4-H member and the member’s parent/guardian. Calves will be
ear-tagged by your 4-H leader in early spring. Please keep your
ownership form in your project book.
• Members may only exhibit one calf.
• Please bring your project book to each meeting.
• 4-H member is required to submit a completed project book to their
leaders at the October meeting. You must complete a project book
to be eligible to participate next year!
• For fairs other than the 4-H Round-up, check the community