Dairy Beef Schedule
Tuesday, March 11th - 7:00 p.m.
At Farm & Home Center
- Project Books
- Educational Stations & Jeopardy
- Last names beginning with A through F, please bring a snack to share
- Last names G through M, please bring a gallon of drink.
Tuesday, April 8th - 6:30 p.m.
At S&A Kreider Farm, 511 Conowingo Rd, Quarryville
- Calf Feeding System
- Nutrition Speaker, Bob Kauffman
Quality Assurance Training Options:
Each 4-H member must attend one of the above quality assurance trainings and complete a written survey. Parents are strongly encouraged to attend with young members.
- Tuesday, May 27, 2014 – 7:00p.m.@ Farm & Home Center
- Wednesday, May 28, 2014 – 7:00 p.m. @ Farm & Home Center
- Monday, June 2, 2014 – 7:00 p.m. @ Farm & Home Center
Saturday, June 7th – 4:00 p.m.
At Heinsey’s Residence – 76 Park St, Stevens
- Rookie Workshop - Essentials Before the Show Ring – health papers, packing your show box, livestock sale procedures, what the judge is looking for, showmanship etc.
Everyone is welcome, however the program is targeted towards the 1st & 2nd year members.
Saturday, July 12th – 4:00 p.m.
At Kready Residence, 1113 Colebrook Road, Manheim.
- Swimming & games.
- Covered dish picnic – Bring a hot and cold covered dish.
- Last names N through Z, please bring a gallon of drink too.
Saturday, July 26th
At West Lampeter Fairgrounds
- 4-H Dairy Beef Round-up
Weigh In – 10 – 11 a.m. Show – Noon
- The entry packet will be distributed at the Quality Assurance Training.
Sausage & Ham Loaf Stand Fundraiser - October 8-9
The club’s fund-raiser is held in conjunction with Manheim Farm Show (Oct 6-10).
Our work shifts are:
- Wednesday, Oct. 8: 2:30 – 5:45 p.m. and 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct 9: 10:30 – 2:45, 2:30 – 5:45 and 5:30 – 9:00
Please be ready and willing to serve a shift to help support our clubs activities and awards.
Saturday, October 25th – 6:00 p.m.
At Stoltzfus Residence, 1906 Airy Hill Rd, Manheim
- Barn Party & Beef Cook-off
- Project Books Due!
- Bring a side dish or a beef cook-off dish.
Friday, February 13th, 2015- 6:30 p.m.
At Farm & Home Center Auditorium
- 4-H Livestock Banquet
- Recognition of 4-H Club Members
Dairy Beef Leaders
Southern End: Brad Davis and Jerry O’Donnell
Manheim Area: Gerry Kready
Millersville, Lampeter Area: Lori Hess
Mount Joy Area: Gary & Judy Zurin
Ephrata Area: Glenn & Lisa Heinsey
Dairy Beef Officers
President: Alison Stoltzfus Vice Vice President: Josh Epler
Secretary: Brittany Balmer Treasurer: Grace Kensinger
Community Fair Dates
Elizabethtown Fair – August 18-23 Denver Fair – September 9-13
Solanco Fair – September 17-19 Ephrata Fair – September 23-27
West Lampeter Fair – Sept. 24-26 New Holland Fair – October 1-4
Manheim Farm Show – October 6-10
- All meetings will start promptly. If you arrive late it is your responsibility to see the secretary so she can record your attendance.
- Each member must attend 3 meetings in order to be eligible for any end-of-the-year awards, including round-up premiums, Golden Scoop award, project book awards, etc.
- An ownership form must be completed and signed by the seller of the calf, the 4-H member and the member’s parent/guardian. Calves will be ear-tagged by your 4-H leader in early spring. Please keep your ownership form in your project book.
- Members may only exhibit one calf.
- Please bring your project book to each meeting.
- 4-H member is required to submit a completed project book to their leaders at the October meeting. You must complete a project book to be eligible to participate next year!
- For fairs other than the 4-H Round-up, check the community fair guidelines