Dairy Beef Schedule
Tuesday, March 10th - 7:00 p.m. – Farm & Home Center
• T-shirt Design Contest Voting
• Educational Stations – Parts of the Animal, Retail Cuts & Meats, Game
Tuesday, May 12th - 6:30 p.m. – Smuckers’s Meats - 735 Pinkerton Rd, Mount Joy
• Meat Processing Plant
Quality Assurance Training Options:
Each 4-H member must attend one of the above quality assurance trainings and complete a written survey. Parents are strongly encouraged to attend with young members.
QA: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 – 7:00p.m. - Farm & Home Center
QA: Thursday, May 28, 2015 – 7:00 p.m. - Farm & Home Center
QA: Monday, June 1, 2015 – 7:00 p.m. – Farm & Home Center
Saturday, June 20th - 5:00 p.m. – Davis – 1120 Prawls Hollow Rd, Peach Bottom
• Rookie Workshop - Essentials Before the Show Ring – health papers, packing your show box, livestock sale procedures, what the judge is looking for, showmanship etc.
Everyone is welcome, however the program is targeted towards the 1st & 2nd year members.
Saturday, July 18th – 4:00 p.m. - Kready Residence, 1113 Colebrook Road, Manheim
• Parent Showmanship, Neck Ropes & Tying
• Swimming & games.
• Covered dish picnic – Bring a hot and cold covered dish.
Saturday, August 1st - West Lampeter Fairgrounds
• 4-H Dairy Beef Round-up
Weigh In – 10 – 11 a.m. Show – Noon
• The entry packet will be distributed at the Quality Assurance Training. Project books are to be up-to-date and will be checked at weigh-in.
Premium Change: Showmanship Awards – 1st through 3rd; Type Classes – All Placing’s
Sausage & Ham Loaf Stand Fundraiser
The club’s fund-raiser is held in conjunction with Manheim Farm Show, October 5-9.
Our work shifts are:
Wednesday: 2:30 – 5:45 p.m. and 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Thursday: 10:30 – 2:45, 2:30 – 5:45 and 5:30 – 9:00
Please be ready and willing to serve a shift to help support our clubs activities and awards.
Saturday, October 24th – 6:00 p.m. – Stoltzfus Residence, 1906 Airy Hill Rd, Manheim
• Project Books Due!!!
• Barn Party
• Last names A- M bring a sweet or salty snack; N-Z bring a drink.
• Elect Officers for 2016
Tuesday, November 10th – 7:00 p.m. – LEADERS ONLY
• Project Books Scoring
Friday, February 12th, 2016- 6:30 p.m. - Farm & Home Center Auditorium 4-H Livestock Banquet
• Recognition of 4-H Club Members
Dairy Beef Leaders
Southern End: Brad Davis – 548-0393, Jerry O’Donnell- 548-4153; Manheim Area: Gerry Kready - 665-6094, Doug Musser – 653-5266; Millersville, Lampeter Area: Lori Hess - -205-8456; Mount Joy Area: Gary & Judy Zurin – 653-0143;Ephrata Area: Glenn & Lisa Heinsey - 336-2060
Dairy Beef Officers
President: Tony Stoltzfus; Vice President: Emily Burkholder; Secretary: Kendra Neideigh; Treasurer: Holly Musser
Community Fair Dates
Elizabethtown Fair – August 24-29
Denver Fair – September 15-19
Solanco Fair – September 16-18
Ephrata Fair – September 22-26
West Lampeter Fair – Sept. 23-25
New Holland Fair – Sept. 30-October 3
Manheim Farm Show – October 5-9
• All meetings will start promptly. If you arrive late it is your responsibility to see the secretary so she can record your attendance.
• Each member must attend 3 meetings in order to be eligible for any end-of-the-year awards, including round-up premiums, Golden Scoop award, project book awards, etc.
• An ownership form must be completed and signed by the seller of the calf, the 4-H member and the member’s parent/guardian. Calves will be ear-tagged by your 4-H leader in early spring. Please keep your ownership form in your project book.
• Members may only exhibit one calf.
• Please bring your project book to each meeting.
• 4-H member is required to submit a completed project book to their leaders at the October meeting. You must complete a project book to be eligible to participate next year!
• For fairs other than the 4-H Round-up, check the community fair guidelines.
- 4-H member is required to submit a completed project book to their leaders at the October meeting. You must complete a project book to be eligible to participate next year!
- For fairs other than the 4-H Round-up, check the community fair guidelines