What’s Your 4-H Story?
4-H members, leaders, alumni, teachers who used 4-H
projects in their classroom, current and/or 4-H family members are invited to help tell the story of 100 years of the PA 4-H program! Let’s create a historical timeline through the stories of those that were impacted by the 4-H program.
4-H Stories will be on exhibit around the state throughout 2012, and a compilation of the stories will be published and offered for sale.
What to include in your story
- Name (please include your maiden name)
- Physical Address & Email Address
- What county(s) you were involved in 4-H
- Years you were involved in 4-H
- Your connection to 4-H (club, leaders names, member, parent, leader, teacher, family member, etc.
- Include copies of photos with names of people in the pho-to and details about the photo. Photos cannot be returned. Send copies or email photos to Carol Schurman at email@example.com Stories should not be longer than two pages, front and back.
Your story should be something memorable to you: the year you earned your way to a State Event, fond memories of 4-H, of your club meetings, of traveling to Penn State, of your Exhibits; why you joined 4-H; how 4-H changed your life; how 4-H made an impact on your future; etc.
We would like stories from all generations to more accurately tell the story of 100 years of Pennsylvania 4-H.
The PA 4-H program has made a tremendous difference in the lives of millions. It’s certainly something to celebrate! Please help by sending your 4-H stories to Carol Schurman, Indiana County Penn State Extension Office, 827 Water Street, Indiana, PA 15701 by March 1, 2012.