Recruiting New 4-H Members
In reality, promoting 4-H is all of our responsibility! Why wouldn’t we want to be a part of telling how 4-H is Making a Difference in our lives and our members?
Ideas for Promoting Your 4-H Club
Regardless of the 4-H promotion and recruitment methods you choose, please review Authorization to use the 4-H Name and Emblem to understand proper use in your promotional efforts.
- Design a 4-H Club Flyer or Use Your County’s 4-H Club Recruitment Flyer – You and/or your members may distribute the flyer(s) in target community locations.
- Make 4-H Club Posters – Have members make posters at a club meeting to promote your 4-H club. Display posters in businesses and community centers after seeking approval from owners and managers.
- Write 4-H News Releases – You or a member can write news releases for the local newspaper to share information about your club, upcoming meeting times and more. Sample "New 4-H Year" News Release
- Develop a 4-H Club Web Site or FaceBook page– Many clubs are enjoying sharing their 4-H events and activities via a 4-H club web site or page. Is there someone in your club that would enjoy developing a web site or page for your 4-H club? Be sure to review VIP Fact Sheet 29: Social Media Guidelines
- Create 4-H Club Spirit Items – You and your members may enjoy creating a club logo to use on club shirts, hats, tote bags, banners, and more. Wearing your club’s spirit wear at community festivals, at the fair and other public places is a great way to get the 4-H image out and into the community.
- Participate in a County 4-H Promotional Effort – Contact your County 4-H Extension Educator and ask about potential county 4-H recruitment and promotional programs. Opportunities may include: Presentations in Schools with Classrooms and Parent Groups, Feature 4-H News Insert, Promotional Events at local malls or businesses, Talks with Civic Organizations, PSA’s on radio stations, and many others.