4-H Food Production Projects
These animals are cared for by 4-H members and families. Members participate in several events including Spring Open House, Summer Fair and Fall Festival; and also have the opportunity to compete in local and state livestock competitions throughout the year.
Our current livestock projects for 2015/2016:
- Alpaca Club-Project Fee $29.00
- Beef Club- no Project Fee
- Dairy Club-Project Fee $25.00
- Horse Club-Fundraising Commitment $175.00 (no Project fee)
- Market Hog-Project Fee $15.00
- Poultry Club-
- Laying Hens- Project Fee $50.00
- Heritage Chickens- Project Fee $30.00
- Roasters- Project Fee $30.00
- Sheep Club-
- Breeding Sheep-Project Fee $25.00, Fundraising Commitment $50.00
- Market Lamb- Project Fee $25.00, Fundraising Commitment $100.00
- Worker Bees- no Project Fee
Other 4-H fees required:
- Educational Materials Fee: $21.00 per member/$47.00 per horse member
- Sponsorship: $60.00 per member
Enrollment will not be accepted if forms and payment are not received by November 20, 2015.
To enroll in 4-H, please go to PA 4-H Online Delaware County 4-H will start enrolling members in 2015/2016 livestock clubs in September/October 2015. Prospective and existing members MUST attend a club meeting in September or October (Beef Club on November 3, 2015) to receive required forms and to join.
NOTE:If the financial obligation would prevent your child from participating in 4-H programs, please call Devin Cunningham at 610-690-7660 to inquire about a payment plan, fundraising or partial scholarship support. Additional funds may be available for children of active military duty parents or guardians.