March 24 Minutes
Glenn Finkenbinder, Mary Kutz, Toby Monismith, Peggy Myers, Todd Umbrell, Kathy Waoton, Ron & Lois Zeigler & guest, Matt Knoll.
- Minutes from the February 25, 2016 meeting were accepted with a motion by Peggy Myers and second by Todd Umbrell.
- Peggy Myers presented the livestock treasurer’s report as of February 29, 2016 with a balance of $3,776.36,
- Improvement to fairgrounds account: $6,366.64, Reserve account for sales commission: $ 1,626.02 and CD balances of $4,588.55 and $7,507.50. Reports will be filed for audit.
- Weigh-in will be discussed at the March 29, 2016 combined sale meeting.
- Glenn reported the 3 foot gates (to cut one 6’ pens into two 3’ pens) have been ordered and Peggy has sent a check to Matt Knoll for one half of the total as down payment. Gates will be installed before the 2016 Shippensburg Fair.
- Glenn reminded leaders about the chicken barbeque on April 23, 2016 from 10:00-1:00 at the Country Butcher Shop. The money will be used to buy panels for the Shippensburg Fair. Tickets sales will be due to Glenn by April 16, 2016.
- Countywide opportunities
- Kathy Walton reported on the upcoming events:
- Spring Sub Sale isApril 25, 2016 orders due to leaders by April 7th
- Quality training evaluation sheets will be made by Kathy
- Enrollments Kathy stated if member enrollments are not received by end of month in, the members will be taken off of the system.
- Speak Out Night is April 14th.
Shippensburg Fair Report
- Ron Zeigler reported that the livestock 2016 animal tags arrived and were given to Kathy. Also, 2 tag knives were purchased for the weigh in and given to Kathy.
- Matt Knoll made a presentation to the committee on panels for the Shippensburg Fairgrounds. 1) complete panel system to encircle three sides of the show ring to replace the hog panels at a cost of $5,250. 2) Swinging gate at the end of each pig alley at a cost of $590.00. After much discussion this was approved on a Toby Monismith/Ron Zeigler motion.
- Ron will seek approval from the Fair Board to complete this before fair.
- Money will come from the Improvements to Fairgrounds Fund, the 2016 Chicken BBQ profits and the general fund. If needed, money will be taken from a CD.
- Toby Monismith asked about 4-H rules for signature. Ron will look at and send to Kathy along with the Shippensburg Fair Rules to be sent to 4-H members.
Next Meeting: April 28, 2016
- Meeting adjourned at 8:35 p.m. Motion by Todd Umbrell/Glenn Finkenbinder.
Livestock Committee Secretary