- 4-H membership is open to all boys and girls, age 8-18 by January 1 of the current year.
- There are over 30 4-H clubs in Chester County to which you could belong. Information on our clubs can be found on "Our Club" section of the 4H page. We encourage you to attend a club meeting of your interest to see if it is something you would like to do. Meet the leaders and club members.
- Once you have identified a club, there is an enrollment process you will complete to officially join the club. This included completing an online enrollment form in ACCESS 4-H and mailing registration fees to Penn State Extension-Chester County or mailing a paper enrollment with the fees.
- The cost of 4-H membership is a $20.00 annual educational materials fee ($45.00 for Horse Club members) to help cover a portion of the costs of 4-H project books, resource materials, etc...No child will be turned away from 4-H due to their inability to pay the enrollment fee.
- Don't see a club in your interest area? We encourage you to start your own club: You need a minimum of 5 children and an adult volunteer (volunteers are screened and receive additional training and help to organize the club.
- Need more information? Contact the Penn State Extension Office at 610-696-3500.