- Scheduling for the 4-H Community Center shall be done at least 8 weeks prior to the date of the event. The official scheduling calendar will be kept at the Berks County Cooperative Extension Office, Berks County Agricultural Center, Leesport, PA 19533, 610-378-1327. Consecutive weekly scheduling of any room or rooms by any outside group or major rentals (receptions, banquets, parties) within 8 weeks requires prior approval of the 4-H Center Committee and/or Chairperson.
- Both private and public events renters must present a $1,000,000 (million) duplicate liability insurance policy to the 4-H Community Center Committee at the time of scheduling, which names Berks County 4-H Development Council as being insured for your event that day(s).
- The renting party must sign a "Use & Occupancy Agreement" form before the event.
- The group renting will be responsible for paying at least $300 of the scheduled fee at the time of scheduling. This deposit is not refundable within three months of the scheduled event if event is canceled. A cancellation within three months will cost the renter their deposit. Final payment is due within two weeks prior to the event taking place.
- When final payment is due the security deposit of $300 will be required and will be returned if, after an inspection of facilities and grounds, no theft or vandalism has taken place. When paying for an event in which a set up & clean up fee is charged, a check for the rental fee should be made payable to the Berks Co. 4-H Center and a separate check should be made payable to whoever is doing the set up. The renter must check with the 4-H Office to find out who the set up check should be made payable to, prior to the event.
- Activities will conclude at 12:00 midnight.
- All groups will designate an individual(s) who will be responsible for the conduct of their renting group upon request. The group designee(s) must provide acceptable references. Any youth group using the facility must have approved adult supervision. (Adult is subject to approval of the committee.) The adult supervisor(s) will assume full responsibility for conduct of the group and any damage to the property.
- After each use, the facility shall be left in proper order with chairs, tables and other furnishings returned to their appropriate location. Kitchen must be left in same condition as it was found. The lights and other electrical appliances used by the group shall be turned off and all doors and windows closed and locked by the person in charge. Floors swept, grounds clean of litter, and any furnishings to their original condition. Outdoor trash containers are to be placed and emptied by the group handling the event. Wet mopping will be required following animal shows and other events resulting in unusually soiled floors. For banquets, wedding receptions and other large meetings, a minimum fee of $100 will be charged. The set up/clean up fee will be pro-rated based on the event’s attendance: 200 people $100, 300 people $150, 400 people $200, 500 people $250. For this fee, tables, chairs and stage will be set up according to renter's directions. Excessive cleanup necessitated by the event will be reflected by an adjustment of the renter's security deposit. Excessive set-up plans beyond the standard set-up provided, will require an additional set-up fee, which will be deducted from the security deposit.
- Any and all damages, theft, disorderly conduct and/or excessive cleaning needs (i.e. vomit, trash, spills) etc. will be the responsibility of the renters. If the damages incurred, and cleanup costs are more than the security deposit, the renter will be billed accordingly.
- The kitchen is a catering/service kitchen only. Any caterer can be used. They may not use the kitchen to cook for more than 100 people. Non-profit groups may still use the kitchen as a vending kitchen.
- Narcotics, fire arms, and unauthorized gambling devices are not permitted on the grounds or in the building. For weddings and private parties, beer and wine will be permitted.
- No alcohol is permitted outside of the building, and no alcohol is permitted at birthday parties for minors.
- Parking areas to be used will be designated at the time the event is scheduled.
- Damages or injury resulting from the use or presence of equipment or facilities brought on the property by the renter will be the responsibility of the renter.
- We removed the public telephone from the building. Renters should bring their own cell phones if needed.
- There will be absolutely no tape applied to the floor surface and no stapling to the tables for any reason.
- No smoking is permitted in the building at anytime.
- Any deviations or changes in the above rules requires consideration by the Berks County 4-H Community Center Committee.
- Failure to comply with any of the above may mean denial of future use of the Center to you or your group.
|Day||Day and Evening
|Groups and Families (includes kitchen usage)
|Berks County 4-H Groups
||No charge||No charge|
- Setup/Cleanup fee (#1) required for all events (minimum) $100 The set up/clean up fee will be pro-rated based on the event’s attendance: up to 200 people $100, 300 people $150, 400 people $200, 500 people $250. (Effective 7/1/15)
- If a renter wants to reserve the building one day before the event, for decorating, a fee of $75 will be charged. If building is not scheduled, renter may set up the day before. A fee of up to $20/hr. may be charged depending on utilities used.
- For this fee, tables, chairs and stage will be set up according to renter’s directions. Also, no cleaning will be required by the renter(s). For multiple day events, the fee will be negotiated based on the amount of cleanup (bathroom, restocking, trash, etc.) that must be done. The minimum rate is $100.
|Rental||One Day Security Deposit|
|Fees subject to review for special situations.
|Ring Rental (with kitchen)||$550||$50
|Berks County 4-H Groups||No charge|
Renter does not have to rent the kitchen. Electric hook up for a food wagon is also available for $20 per day.