Steps for 4-H Volunteers to Complete the Training: Use Firefox or Google Chrome. Internet Explorer does not work well.
- Access the Building a Safe Penn State: Reporting Child Abuse training at Penn State’s Learning Resource Network (LRN) at http://lrn.psu.edu.
- You completed the training previously in Skillport, login with that username and do NOT create a new account. (Please contact me if you do not remember your skillport username.)
- On the LRN welcome screen, click on button “Volunteer/Other”
- On the Volunteer/Other screen, click on the button “Volunteer/Other Login”
- The Skillport passwords were not imported into the new training site. You will need to create a new password by following the steps below:
- Click on “Forgot username and password”
- On the Forgot password? screen, enter username in the login credential field
- Enter the captcha picture request
- Click “submit”
- An email will be sent from pd-info to the email address from your Skillport account with a password reset link. Note: the link is only valid for 48 hours. (If you do not receive a password reset link, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Open the email message and click on the password reset link.
- Enter a new password
- Confirm the password
- Click “submit” button
7. On Sign-in screen, login with username and newly created password
- On the LRN homepage in the gray area at the bottom, click on the words “Building a Safe Penn State: Reporting Child Abuses training”.
- The course page will open. Click the “Launch” button to begin the course. Note: In the web browser, open pop-up windows must be allowed for the course to launch.) If the course does not load, check to see if popup blockers are disabled. A how to can be found at this link: http://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Popup-Blockers
- You will receive an email confirmation that training is complete. You may also print a certificate. Directions are included at the end of the quiz. As proof of completion, please return either the email message or the certificate to me at email@example.com
For technical support contact the Penn State ITS Service Desk at service.psu.edu, ITServiceDesk@psu.edu, or (814)-865-HELP(4357).